Time Out enables you to finish your journey by learning about a place’s undiscovered gems. So, many tourists get curious about the local culture.
Apart from the attractions and eateries visitors visit, there is something about getting to know a place off the beaten path that captures a culture in its most unadulterated state.
Firstly, it can be a tavern only locals know about. In addition, it could be an off-the-beaten-path bistro selling a beverage you’ve never had. Finally, It can be a restaurant serving regional specialties that the hotels you’re presently staying in aren’t offered.
Therefore, Time Out includes these locations. Additionally, Time Out annually publishes a list of undiscovered treasures in various locations. As they better represent the local culture than the mainstream, the global media brand thinks tourists should pay more attention to the local scene.
Read Also: UK Government Replaces its Finance Minister
Time Out and the top places to be
The coolest neighborhood on the list is Colonia Americana. The bustling and energetic area is located in western Mexico’s Guadalajara City. However, the media brand asserts that Colonia Americana took first place due to the ideal fusion of its historical houses, regional art, music, and scenery.
“Guadalajara is just emerging as a must-visit — and Colonia Americana is the place to be right now. Additionally, It’s home to a boundary-pushing creative community, a growing number of amazing places to eat, and some of the best nightlife in the western hemisphere. And so, the street life is unbeatable,” said James Manning, the Travel Editor of Time Out.
A long list
Essentially, Time Out polls both residents and visitors from across the world. Firstly, the organization starts by inquiring about the respondents’ preferred locations in or around their homes. Furthermore, Time Out tallies the most often cited location after compiling all the comments, frequently yielding over 50 locales.
Furthermore, the spots are subsequently reduced to 20 and then to 10. According to Time Out, all locations in the top 50 are the greatest to visit. However, the top ten locations are the best of the best.
Finally, here are the Top 25 coolest neighborhoods:
- Colonia Americana – Guadalajara, Mexico
- Cais do Sodré – Lisbon, Portugal
- Wat Bo Village – Siem Reap, Cambodia
- Ridgewood – New York City, USA
- Mile End – Montreal, Canada
- Barrio Logan – San Diego, USA
- Shimokitazawa – Tokyo, Japan
- Cliftonville – Margate, UK
- Barrio Yungay – Santiago, Chile
- Cours Julien – Marseille, France
- Shawlands – Glasglow, UK
- Dundas West – Toronto, Canada
- Vila Madalena – Sao Paulo, Brazil
- San Isidro – Havana, Cuba
- Neukolln – Berlin, Germany
- Avondale – Chicago, USA
- Walthamstow – London, UK
- Sants – Barcelona, Spain
- Little India – Singapore
- Rione Sanita – Naples, Italy
- Silver Lake – Los Angeles, USA
- Wan Chai – Hong Kong
- Barrio de las Letras – Madrid, Spain
- Vesterbro – Copenhagen, Denmark
- West End – Vancouver, Canada
Photo Credit: Shutterstock